Cindy Briggs’ workshops are focused on developing your own style and building confidence as you develop a deeper understanding of design and watercolor techniques. She creates an enriching and positive atmosphere for all levels of artists. Discover her process from start to finish to create paintings with dramatic light, jazzed up harmonious colors, and captivating compositions.
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT – Lifelong Learning Center
June 11, 2019 - February 7, 2021
- June 11 & 13, 2019 “Watercolor Postcards”
- August 3 & 10, 2019 “Quick Sketch Watercolors” 10:00am-3:00pm
- November 2 & 9, 2019 “Quick Sketch Watercolors” 10-3:30pm
- November 5, 2019 “Sunlit Watercolor” How to capture sunlight with your paintbrush. 6-9pm
- November 19, 2019 ” Watercolor Poinsettia” Paint a Poinsettia in one session. 6-9pm
- Class is held at the University of Utah Lifelong Learning Center
University of Utah - Lifelong Learning Center, Salt Lake City, UT
Discover how to draw on the spot and paint quickly for small paintings, quick studies and journal entries. Students will see how fun it can be when they simplify and go for it. Participants can build confidence while having fun in this longer session as they paint from their own photos or the instructor’s reference photos. Soon you’ll be drawing with free flowing lines and confidently mix and mingle flowing translucent watercolors. Using fine point markers and transparent watercolor, you will quickly see how you can create exciting spontaneous paintings. With two sessions you’ll have time to experiment, expand your skills, and explore your own style as you get into the flow of creating. This class is great for all levels of experience, and works well for small works and travel journals. Participants are encouraged to bring a selection of reference photos or use those provided by the instructor.